August 14, 2023
Consider this an unusual blog – rather an invitation.
Do you know someone with Autism? Perhaps someone who is considered “neurodiverse”? Or maybe this person is yourself? Or are you a parent with a child on the spectrum or a teacher with a student? Then this information is for YOU.
As it is my pleasure to announce that I have been invited to be one of the three keynote speakers for the World Autism Summit 2023 hosted by the Autism Today Foundation via ZOOM. This is not your “usual” online or in-person conference – as it brings together experts from various genres. There will be speakers, including Dr. Temple Grandin, discussing early intervention strategies and research. And, also financial experts to help families plan their futures when there are unexpected expenses. Educators and Mental Health providers will discuss current trends. Community members will discuss support and relationships. We will hear from individuals with Autism or Neurodiversity. And on the lighter side, panels will include people representing the performing arts of music, acting, and dance. Plus, for those on the spectrum come ask your questions to people who look to connect with potential employers!
As I said, not your standard summit! And, my keynote will focus on matters of communication and safety. (Day 1, September 25th)
There is also some very exciting news to share in addition to the speakers and panelists. First, there are great sponsors who are hosting giveaways – including a Tobii Dynavox system! Found Me will discuss during my program their newest identification app and system for people, pets, and “things” – trust me this is a smart tag on steroids! And The CPD Group is graciously sponsoring the summit to give professional credit units to our registered attendees who need to acquire certifications. AND WAIT.. there is MORE… MOVIE NIGHTS, GAME NIGHTS, and an opportunity to talk with cast and directors from award-winning films!
Did I mention that Summit is FREE?! The CEU credits are FREE, too. You just need to do the following:
- Register asap! Here is the link: www.WorldAutismSummit.org/registration-page
- When you register be sure to indicate you need CPD/ CEU credits or a certificate of attendance.
- Plan to attend the sessions during the September 25th to October 1st timeframe. After that date – the sessions will be for FEE, not for free. Certificates are emailed about 14 days after you attend, if not earlier.
- Follow @AutismTodayOfficial on Instagram for fun giveaways, news, and current Summit information!
- Check your email to see if you have been chosen for some free swag as a thank you for being an early bird registering!
- Check the website often for the schedule and any changes or additions: WorldAutismSummit.org
In closing, the purpose of the World Autism Summit 2023 is to have an open dialog about the gifts, strengths, and talents of people with Autism/ Neurodiversity. Furthermore, to create an atmosphere of access, inclusion, and support. So, please consider joining me – I promise you won’t be bored – there is something for everyone!